As was recently announced by the Premier, from Thursday, all children in Years 3-6 are required to wear a mask in all public indoor settings including school, with usual exemptions to apply. We do have a number of smaller children’s size disposable masks at reception for any parents who are unable to source appropriate masks for this Thursday.
Staff and Year 3 -6 students must wear a mask at all times as mandated unless:
- the person has a physical, developmental or mental illness, condition or disability which makes wearing a face-covering inappropriate
- communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing and visibility of the mouth is essential for communication
- the person is engaged in physical activity, including physical education classes and organised sport
- the person is consuming food, drink or medicine provided, they do not need to be seated; and/or
- staff are providing teaching or instructions to students
Entering the school grounds:
- if necessary, parents are permitted on the school grounds for drop-off and pick-up; however are not permitted in classrooms
- parents should not gather within our school grounds
- all parent-teacher interviews will now occur online or over the phone
- parents, carers and other visitors must wear a mask if it is necessary to enter the school grounds
The definition of close contact with a positive case in a school or childcare setting includes:
- face-to-face contact for 15 minutes or more with an infectious person, where a mask was not worn by the exposed person or the person with COVID-19
- interaction for more than two hours in a small indoor space or interaction for more than two hours in a classroom environment with an infectious person, where masks have been removed for this period; or
- someone who is directed by WA Health that they are a close contact.
Thank you for your ongoing support in maintaining a safe learning environment at Quintilian School.