Introducing our new principal, Julie Murray.
Some of you may have had the pleasure of meeting our new principal, Julie Murray, at various events over the past couple of months. If not, you will soon see her around Quintilian every day when she officially takes over from Principal Neil in January.
Julie has many years of experience with primary education and has been Associate Principal at OneSchool Global Australia for the past ten years.
Julie and her husband moved their family to Australia in 2011 from Aberdeen, Scotland. Having worked as a Principal at a global school in Scotland, Julie transferred to their Willetton campus and took on a Learning Support Coordinator Role.
Teaching is about relationships and communication, not simply content!
She soon moved back into management and became Head of Primary and Learning Support for their Western Australian and South Australian campuses. Over the next few years, Julie moved into national management and to her current role at One School Global, where she leads a group of managers and consults on all things relating to Primary and Student Support.
Julie has a passion for quality education and firmly believes that all children deserve an education that meets their needs and that everyone has talents and strengths.
We asked Julie to share some fun facts about her life:
- I completed my Masters in Educational Leadership in 2021 at the University of Western Australia.
- My favourite past times are travelling to different places around Australia with my husband and everything musical!
- I was a singer in a previous life and met my husband many years ago when we were both in a band.
- I do Pilates four times a week to keep my body and mind strong.
- I have three sons, who are all in their 20s.
- My two youngest boys have played for Perth Glory in the NPL and represented WA on the national and international stage.
- My oldest son is a plumber and gas fitter by trade but is also an accomplished music producer signed to several global labels.
“The move to Quintilian has come at a welcome time; I have developed as far as I can with OSG and was looking for a new challenge. OSG is a global school which is a large organisation, and I have spent 15 happy years here. However, managing a beautiful school like Quintilian was a dream offer that I could not turn down.
“I am excited to start 2023 and to begin work with the team to continue offering students a first-class education. Embracing the wonderful ethos of the school, a priority will be to maintain Quintilian as a happy and welcoming place for the staff. I am delighted to be joining Quintilian and can’t wait to become a valued member of the team!”